Terms & Conditions
- Classes must start on time so please arrive five minutes before commencement to avoid disruption for the teacher and other class members. Warm-up is an important aspect of each class and is essential for your own safety.
- Classes are not ‘drop-in’. They are a complete course (unless previously arranged with myself due to shift work.) A maximum of 12 people attend per class. Occasionally there might be an extra 1 who is “making up” for a missed class. Some classes will have fewer.
- Unfortunately places in class cannot be reserved until payment is received as there is usually a waiting list. Before the course ends you will be invited to re-enrol for the following course. Please note that if payment has not been received by the required date your place will have to be offered to the next person waiting to join.
- From time to time a student will be present in the class. These will be student Pilates Instructors who have completed their training but before qualifying will need to spend time observing classes; helping correct clients alignment and teaching some basic exercises. If you are not comfortable with this, please let me know.
Missed Classes, Payments & Cancellation
- There are no refunds for classes missed. If you cannot attend a class please email me: email@example.com or message me via text, WhatsApp or FB to find another similar level class (if space is available).
- Missed classes cannot be carried over to a future term or applied against private lessons.
- Misssed classes are valid for two months. Please note you are welcome to make classes missed up in another suitable class, if space is available.
- Please let me know if you are unable to attend a class as I can offer your place to someone else who may wish to make up for a missed class.
- In the event that a class that you have booked is cancelled, you may make up the class or I can deduct from the following block of classes. Or a full refund.
- 24 hour cancellation notice is required for private lessons. Full payment is required if less than 24 hours’ notice is given.
- Payments for classes are due one week before the next month of classes. Standing Order payments are set at the end of each month for the following month of classes (Please note: standing order is only available to clients that have been with me for a year or more.)
- 48 hour cancellation notice is required for group classes. Cancellation up to 48 hours before will receive a full refund. Cancellation between 48 – 24 hours will receive half the money back. If you cancel after 24 hours, no refund.
- If you arrive late for a private session the session will not be extended and will end at the scheduled time.
- Prepaid private studio sessions are valid for a six-month period.
- In the event you have to cancel your standing order, any monies outstanding will be reimbursed unless payments to me are still outstanding.
- My holiday dates are subject to change – I will notify you immediately of any changes.
- Unless otherwise stated, group mat work classes are not always suitable for injury rehabilitation. Please check with your medical practitioner that you are in good health to join a Pilates class. (Individual sessions may be more suitable for your specific requirements.)
- For certain medical conditions please note that I will need medical clearance: e.g. an email or letter from your doctor stating that you are able to participate in Pilates.
- Please let me know if you have any hearing or sight issues.
- Please let your instructor know of any changes which may affect your ability to exercise prior to class (and update form).
- An enrolment form must be completed. Please ensure to update your contact or medical details if they change.
- Participation in both group and individual sessions is at the individual’s own risk. Always listen to your body and exercise at a pace and level which is best for you. Stop if you feel discomfort and let your instructor know. It is your responsibility to ensure you are capable of carrying out the exercises provided.
- As I do not have a pregnancy qualification, I am unable to accept pregnant ladies and/or 6 months post. However I am able to recommend another instructor who can help.
- Mobile phones must be switched to silent during a class (except in exceptional circumstances).
- Please remove dangly or sharp jewellery that may injure you or damage the equipment. Avoid clothing with zips at the back. These are not suitable for Pilates as these have been known to cause damage to equipment and can also ‘dig in’ to your back.
- Please ensure you take all your belongings with you. I am unable to accept responsibility for belongings left. If anything is left at class, I will store and return to the owner at the next class.
- If you have glasses, please wear them or leave them in a safe place, not on the floor.
- Clothing should be close fitting and unrestricting rather than baggy so that the instructor can see how you are moving in order to help you more easily. Bare feet or socks are fine for group classes. Bring thick warm socks with you in the winter as the floors can be cold. Totes socks or bare feet are essential for extra grip when using your Swiss balls.
- Bring a small hand towel and drink to class.
- Mats are not provided, so please bring your own. Everything else is provided.
- There is ample parking at the venues but please note that all parking is at the owner’s risk.
- These terms and conditions may be subject to change from time to time without notice.
- As per the Data Protection Act by ticking you agree to receive emails from Joanna Hockey Pilates (e.g. marketing/timetables/schedules etc.). ALL information you provide is held in strict confidence and information is never passed to third parties.